In today’s interconnected world, more and more companies are shifting their workloads from a single data center to a mixture of on-site servers and the cloud. There are several huge advantages to switching to this kind of hybrid cloud architecture, including increased flexibility and scalability, lower costs, and better support for an increasingly mobile workforce.
While a properly managed hybrid cloud environment can potentially be even more secure than a purely physical one, it also can introduce new cybersecurity threats—especially if you lack unified security. Maintaining regulatory compliance for your specific industry can also be a challenge.
One way to help keep you and your data secure is Trend Micro Deep Security. This impressive software offers comprehensive and advanced server security for physical, virtual, and cloud servers that helps you simplify security operations and lets you detect, monitor, and deal with security risks from one centrally managed platform.
How Does Trend Micro Deep Security Work?
Deep Security is a comprehensive security platform that offers advanced protection for all your components, including physical, virtual, and cloud-based servers, your applications, and enterprise data. Its modules broaden your business’ IT security, offering:
- Intrusion prevention: Monitors both outgoing and incoming traffic to automatically detect and block suspicious activity. This module can also virtually patch vulnerabilities, helping you comply with your regulatory obligations.
- Anti-malware systems: Automatically identifies and removes malware, spyware, and Trojans from your workloads.
- Firewall: Both controls incoming and outgoing traffic and maintains event logs that can streamline your audits.
- Web reputation: Block access to malicious domains and servers, reducing your business’ risk of a cyberattack.
- Integrity monitoring: Tracks changes and helps you identify unplanned or malicious changes to your critical files and systems.
- Log inspection: Helps you identify security events, while also capturing and analyzing that you need for PCI DSS and other regulatory audits.
- Application control: Identifies and log software changes, giving you a chance to block or allow them.
It’s a remarkably agile platform, integrating with both the AWS and Microsoft Azure clouds, hybrid environments, and physical data center systems.
Key Benefits of Deep Security for Your Organization
That’s a lot of technical information, so let’s look at the bigger picture: What does this all mean for you and your business?
- Advanced protection against all kinds of threats: Deep Security combines multiple best-practice cybersecurity technologies to provide multiple layers of defense against cyberattacks. Not only is it harder for the hackers to get in, but the amount of damage they can do and the number of systems they’re able to compromise is often more limited.
- Automated and streamlined security: Deep Security can automate repetitive security tasks, harness machine learning, and even simplify IT administration by offering centralized management, controls, and reporting.
- Reduced risk of costly business disruptions: A single network breach, or even a few hours or days of service downtime, can be extremely costly. In fact, more than half of companies who fall victim to a successful cyberattack are out of business within six months.
- Reduced costs and (unnecessary) redundancies: There’s no need to deploy and maintain multiple point solutions across physical, virtualized, cloud, and container environments. Deep Security provides a unified solution that covers it all.
- Regulatory compliance: Deep Security helps organizations not only maintain, but also demonstrate compliance with a wide range of applicable industry and government regulatory codes, including GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, NIST. Stay compliant, make audits a breeze, and avoid costly violations and fines.
- Reclaimed time for your IT team: Keeping up with the latest cybersecurity best practices can be extremely expensive and time-consuming, and overextended IT teams frequently must choose between security and other business objectives. With Deep Security, your internal team can focus more on helping employees and customers.
Advanced Cloud Security Solutions With Virtual Systems
In 2021 and beyond, multi-cloud environments and hybrid work arrangements will increasingly be the standard for even small and medium sized enterprises. The possibilities have never been greater—but neither have the risks.
The good news is that you don’t have to go it alone. Virtual Systems’ advanced cloud security experts have the training, experience, and capabilities necessary to help you protect your network and critical systems. We’re with you every step of the way, from planning to deployment to support. And our security stack includes several leading cybersecurity platforms, including Trend Micro, Duo, VMware NSX, and more.
We’ll help you build a multi-layered approach that keeps your business infrastructure secure without getting in the way of your growth, flexibility, and scalability.
To learn more about how Virtual Systems and Trend Micro Deep Security can help you reduce your cybersecurity risk and protect your business, contact us today.